Saturday 14 May 2016

The Sign Of One - Eugene Lambert



Synopsis:

ONE FOR SORROW, TWO FOR DEATH.

In the Barrenlands of Wrath, no one dies of old age. Kyle is used to its harsh laws, but the cold-blooded separation of identical twins and execution of the 'evil twists' at the Annual Peace Fair shocks him.

When Kyle himself is betrayed, he flees for his life with the reluctant help of Sky, a rebel pilot with a hidden agenda. As the hunt intensifies, Kyle soon realises that he is no ordinary runaway, although he has no idea why. Fighting to learn the hideous truth, their reluctant, conflicted partnership will either save them - or kill them.


Review:

I won my copy of The Sign Of One by Eugene Lambert from Maximum Pop Books Via twitter. I can not explain the expectations I had for this books because well, I had none. I was interested and drawn to the book but went in to reading it with a completely blank mind and just let it all unfold.

With that said I must state that anything past the first chapter or two I was no expecting having read the first chapters. I was caught by surprise quite a lot throughout this book which was pleasant.

The book revolves around Kyle who attends his first Annual Peace Fair and from that moment on his life just gets flipped and nothing will ever be the same Once Kyle is betrayed he's forced to run with Sky, a rebel who balances on the fine line of fierce.

I found myself really involved with the book, fully emerged and emotionally attached to the characters. The best I can say to you is it expect the unexpected. Kyle is a really loveable protagonist and for Sky, her spirit and fight make her an incredible female character. The other characters written in the story are very well written and woven into the story, they are all someone who plays either a vital or very minimal part in the story and progression of Kyles story. The books itself is very face paced, each page turned brings a new thing into the story. The balance between the progression of the story and the characters was beautiful and perfect.

I adored the concept of an evil and a good twin, it just made the story unique and intriguing. I feel slightly unfortunate to not have a twin after reading this book, whether that's a good or bad thing I will never know but hey ho my kind of look alike older sister will have to do.

Lastly, as part of a trilogy I really do look forward to what Into The No Go Zone which is released in 2017 brings. I really can not wait, its that gripping. I loved the ending and really do hope that the next book hits the spot. I dread to think of the things that can happen in the second instalment.

In a whole its a 5/5 from me, I thoroughly enjoyed it and even though I have to wait for 2017 to see the guys again, I definitely will. A gripping story, and a recommendation for anyone who wants to read a new kind od dystopian.

No comments:

Post a Comment