Saturday 28 May 2016

Murder And More - Gerald Darnell







Synopsis:

Carson's feud with a local crime reporter continues, and then suddenly the husband of his client is brutally murdered - a husband he's been hired to investigate. Mysterious characters weave a web of blackmail and suspense, while leaving Carson with more clients than he can handle. The Memphis police have warned Carson to back off, but an employee of a friend is missing from a murder scene and he's determined to find her and the killer. Follow Carson to New Orleans, Humboldt, Memphis and Florida as he chases numerous suspects trying to track down a missing person and the killer he's been hired to find. Enjoy this unusual adventure for Carson Reno, while he struggles to solve the case of 'Murder and More'.


Review:

I can't exactly say what I was expecting because it wasn't what happened at all, anywhere near in fact. I loved how fast paced it was, as soon as I begun reading I was pulled into the drama and it was unexpected at that.

I was at first concerned that I wouldn't be able to make sense of all that was going on as this book is a part of a series ( Carson Reno Mystery Series) but as Gerald explained to me this book stands alone and everything ended up being crystal clear so I easily understood everything.

The pictures involved in the pages of the book were really nice and a great change from the usual block of text. I like how not only they split up the text but also helped you imagine the story unfolding in these places because after all each and every one of the photos were of either places or of objects used in the story which helped enhance the overall immersion.

I have to admit I didn't see any of it coming, i was always greeted with a new surprise just as the characters were. 

The characters were portrayed well enough for you to automatically know how they'd react in different situations based upon their behaviours and such. For the characters who are involved in this story whether they have large parts or small parts in the story really interested me. 

The plot was very much a great one, it was a very well thought out and well written. Part of me thinks only Gerald could of pulled off such an extraordinary plot line like he did. Although to some the plot may seen far fetched or whatever, it was very gripping and brilliant. 

I have to give this book a 5/5 I'd feel horrendous and it would feel very wrong for me to mark it anything else. It was truly brilliant and gripping all the way through. There are no negatives from me. I will be checking out more of Gerald's work when I have free time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment