Saturday 26 September 2015

Dark Room - Tom Becker

Title: Dark Room
Author: Top Becker
Publisher: Stripes Publishing
Publication Date: September 10th 2015
Available Editions: Paperback and for review, EBook.                               






Netgalley Synopsis:

The camera never lies…

Darla and her dad are looking for a fresh start. But when they wind up in affluent Saffron Hills, Darla stands no chance of fitting in with the beautiful, selfie-obsessed teens at her new school.

Just when she thinks things can’t get any worse, she starts having visions. The gruesome snapshots flashing into Darla’s mind seem to suggest she’s going crazy… until she realizes they’re actually a horrifying glimpse into the future.

With a killer on the loose, can she make sense of what she’s seeing before it’s too late?

Review:

Part of me thought that this book was going to be somewhat of a disappointment, I was sure enough, proven wrong. The book begins with a chapter from a different point of view compared to the rest of the book, yet it is still in the rest of the book (you need to read it for it to make sense.) I really liked how both points of view fitted together even for the short times they were together. I love that for once it had nothing to do with or mentioned a relationship between two teenagers, just friendships. The concept of the story and its development throughout was amazing and thoroughly enjoyable.

Darla is a 16 year old 'redneck' who ends up moving to Saffron Hills with her father Hopper after one of his scams comes back to bite him in the rear. She isn't very confident about her appearance and is very secluded until the teenager who works in the record store, Sasha takes her under her wings and protects her from the picture perfects and stays with her when things get...weird.

For once the point of views didn't confuse me, but they helped me glue together parts of the story that and help expand on the story. I love the development of the story and I wasn't expecting the out come at all. I highly recommend this book to anyone who really likes to try and figure out the outcome before you've gotten to the end. Its worth the read and I thoroughly enjoyed the experience from this book. I give it 5 out of 5 and I really hope there is somewhat of a follow up book.



No comments:

Post a Comment