Saturday 27 August 2016

Inevitable Ascension - V.K McAllister


29563845
(Alternate cover)


Synopsis:
The innocent never waver from doing what’s right, even if it means drowning the world in fire.

Violina had been burned and betrayed by mankind ever since she sprang into existence. They named her a heretic and condemned her to a pit to live and die in agony. Though she sat stranded, starved and bloodied, she would not submit. Violina, the girl who had been mocked and hunted for rejecting the warped ideals of artificial authority, would lay down her own law.

Review:

I received the book in exchange of a honest review.

I have to say that I did get confused at times throughout the book because I was forgetting locations and names and such but I had really grown attached to Violina and Lux, I was from the start till the very end. I felt like I connected to them most because they are how I'd want to portray myself in their sort of scenario and their personalities slightly match mine.

The rest of the characters weren't very much my cup of tea but I think that's because of who they were portrayed as excluding Kza who although is portrayed a certain way was the only other character but the girls that really got my attention.

You are pretty much thrown into the action straight away and I really like that as there wasn't half a book leading up to some mediocre battle or something, it was right from the outset and was always nail biting when it came to the action.

To me I felt like the book had political undertones throughout but I was really loving the idea of a better world. I agreed with the aspirations and actions of both Violina and Lux although they did seem really reckless at times and sometimes irrational. 

The time travel was great, I loved how it worked, i liked how they acknowledged the butterfly effect.

The ending was definitely not what I was expecting, I admit I was really taken back by the ending as I was really hoping for something different but the end it got was shocking yet I loved it, it really bought the whole book to a great end and I wasn't at all dissapotined with anything.

I give it a 5/5 although I debated giving it a 4 due to the confusion I had at the beginning and at small moments throughout but I realised that was my fault and not the authors. 

I love the thought and outcome of the Husband and Wife duo working on books. This time around it produced a unique and thrilling read, spoken in one voice.


Here's the books new trailer. 






No comments:

Post a Comment