Saturday 26 March 2016

Eyes Like Lighthouses When The Boats Come Home - Dane Cobain



Synopsis

Eyes Like Lighthouses is Dane Cobain’s first book of poetry, distilled from the sweat of a thousand memorised performances in this reality and others. It’s not for the faint-hearted.

“I’ve never seen anyone do a stream of consciousness piece as talented as that. Very impressed.” – Mark Allard-Will, author of Saskatch-A-Man and co-founder of Cuckoo’s Nest Press

“Dane’s poetry is a multi-layered spiral of the macabre, quirky humour and disjointed imagery. Not only does he make you think, he captures the small forgotten moments of everyday life.” – Nikki Dudley, co-editor of Streetcake Magazine

“…[Dane] combines concrete detail with socioeconomic concerns.” – Lorna Wood, associate editor of Gemini Magazine


Review:

So here I am again with a poetry read, it was a great break from my usual young adult and fantasy reads. Dane contacted me with options of works to read. I chose all of them after finding out I was able to.

Eyes Like Lighthouses When The Boats Come Home was a refreshing read, truthful, uncensored raw poetry. Each piece an insight into a topic of the world.

The poems were pure and powerful, I fell in love with several pieces, I could relate to them easily and that was one thing I loved so much when I was reading these pieces.

One piece named; Like A Landlocked Light-house had been one I had loved a lot, so much I went back to re read it a few more times before writing this review.

I can say that some people will not like the truth written within the read, or the language which is used but I found that both of them really made the collection of poems all that more of a need to read.

I can say it's a clear 5/5 frim me, and a definite read for anyone who wants to see everything in a truthful brutal poetic light.

No comments:

Post a Comment