Saturday 28 January 2017

Around the World in 80 Tales - Dave Tomlinson




Book Summary: 
80 Stories, 25 Countries, 5 Continents, One Heck of a Ride! A journey of captivating true travel stories from that will inspire, amuse and amaze. This fascinating kaleidoscope of people, places, food and culture brings to life the colourful experiences of travelling the world on a budget!

Review:

I've always wanted to travel, since I've been a child I was always thinking of where I should go, for how long and what I would do there and most importantly how I would get there. As I grew I begun to see the full picture, how much it was going to cost to go to places I craved to visit, I even made plans for a road trip through American once with a few friends, we planned the majority of and I still quite embarrassingly have the notepad document on my laptop that I typed  it all in. The plan of course fell through, distance grew between me and everyone involved yet the very need in me to visit America and everywhere else to see all of these beautiful things still lingered within me.

So when Dave contacted me and told me about his new travel book Around the World in 80 Tales I really couldn't say no. It is one of the greatest things I've gotten to read about the world, the people scattered around it and the wonderful views and experiences to be had outside of my home.  I'm beyond envious of Dave's journeys, incredibly in awe of the photo's he took, the experiences he had and those who gave him a glimpse into their life and were so generous on his travels through each place.

Each story is short and engaging, accompanied by beautiful photos. Reading each story at home tucked under a roof in between 4 walls I was in a constant state of seeing myself in each situation, even in those not so very 'glorious' ones Dave will know which ones I'm talking of! and a state of pure envy which would physically ache my chest. Each story is pure and true, in no way exaggerated or altered for our pleasure, they are real life moments, memories and breath taking moments. Dave made me envious but reading his tales, poured gasoline on the flame inside of me that wants to travel.

I am beyond thankful for Dave having shared with not only me but you, his stories, its been a great experience and a very much eye opening one. As you know before now I have wanted to travel, to experience cultures and peoples generosity whilst experiencing great things, now I don't 'want' to travel, I thrive to, I pray and hope to do so even if its only to a few places, it's still an adventure or several, all of which I would be thankful to have experienced.

Having bought me so much joy and laughs I can't reward this book anything less than a 5/5. I recommend it to anyone who wants to travel but haven't got the time or money or are going to be traveling and want some ideas on where to go and activities to do. Thank you to Dave who provided me with a copy for a review.

No comments:

Post a Comment