Saturday 24 January 2015

If I Stay - Gayle Forman

So unfortunately for me, I saw the movie before the book. Never mind though, because both, book and film were perfect. Even though the book is more descriptive, I would say it would be hard to see the book come to life if I hadn't seen the film.
In this book we have a family of four. A Mom, Dad, a young boy called Teddy and a 17 year old girl called Mia. The four of them are involved in a accident, leaving only one. Mia.
Through the book we go on transitions from flashbacks/memories of Mia's life, and the out of body experience where Mia can see her visitors in the ICU without actually being awake.
The flashbacks are in proportion to those of the out of body experiences. All  of which link to eachother. One thing the out of body experiencing Mia knows is she controls the game. She has to chose whether to wake up an orphan or give up the fight.
Without ruining it for you all, it's an emotional roller coaster ride. A tale of love, loss, friendship and experience. I highly recommend this book to anyone, even if you hate reading I still recommend it.
Finally I just want to add a few Thankyou notes here.
Thank you  ChloĆ« Grace Moretz who brought Mia's character to life, becoming the true vision of Mia.
Thank you to the cast and crew of the 'If I Stay' movie. Because without you all, I would have a whole heart and a damn lot more tears to cry else where. Thankyou for creating the perfect adaptation of the book.
And finaly.
To Gayle Forman, to whom I owe the biggest Thankyou too, because without you these books would cease to exist, and we as readers would never of gotten a chance to have another journey and another life.
Book Rate:
5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment