Saturday 16 August 2014

Shatter Me - Tahereh Mafi

I have a curse
I have a gift

I am a monster
I'm more than human

My touch is lethal
My touch is power

I am their weapon
I will fight back


Juliette is special, she has a power that is lethal when she touches anything with a heartbeat. The reestablishment lock her up in a institute after she unintentionally kills a young boy. She has not touched anyone in 264 days when the book begins, but then she wakes up in her cell, but shes not alone. There is a boy she knows in the cell with her, she teaches him things she has learned in her time there so far.

The world outside of Juliette's cell is crumbling down, the birds don't fly and the clouds aren't the right colour, no one cares about her as long as she doesn't kill anyone they clearly have other things to think about. Juliette doesn't know it but diseases are destroying the population and food is hard to come by.

The people responsible for Juliette's confinement believe the only way to fix things was to throw Juliette in to the cell. But after the remaining survivors begin whispering about war do the reestablishment change their mind. They believe she is no long just a soul within a body but what they need right now. A weapon.

She goes through hell when she makes friends with her new cell mate but are suddenly split and he is found to be someone she didn't think he could ever be. But all is well when he shows her he is who she believes he is. The book ends where they find a sanctuary, where they truly belong but who was once her cell mate now her lover, he could be just like her.

Shatter me is a part of a trilogy and hopefully I can get my hands upon the other books. It is an interesting read and I recommend it to anyone who enjoys reading. I found it hard to put the book down.













Book Rate:
4.5/5








No comments:

Post a Comment