Thursday 14 February 2019

Kingdom Cold - Brittni Chenelle

Synopsis:

Attempted murder, that's how sixteen-year-old Princess Charlotte's engagement starts. It seems like the only thing she has in common with Prince Young of Vires is their mutual discontent.
When her kingdom's attacked, Charlotte's parents renegotiate her hand in marriage to a handsome stranger with a sinister plan. With the people Charlotte loves dying around her, and her kingdom's future at stake, the only person she can turn to is the prince she betrayed. But, should she save her kingdom or her heart? One must fall.

Review:

This book suprised me, I must admit that much at least. Part of me was expecting some cliche teenage romance story with a love hate start and all the usuals but I was knocked back when reading it as in fact it isnt that at all!

The story itself differs in perspectives, switching between several characters POV's at one point. Mainly it switches between Pricness Charlotte's and Prince Young's POV which you would expect as the story is primarily theirs. It follows the teenagers as they meet for the frist time since they were practically toddlers, this time it is for their wedding prepared by their families. Charlotte has no filter when it comes to Young, in the sense she has no issue in telling him how she really feels even if it may take a pinch of alcohol to losen her tongue.

Soon enought events happen which are written so perfectly, I was imersed and in love. We meet so many characters throughout the book all but one are really likeable for me just because I know what the other character is like. There is something truly compelling about each of the characters, all the way from our main characters Charlotte and Young all the way through to the secondary characters scattered throughout the book. Each characters plays their part and adds a certain note of realism to the story even though it doesnt follow the typical structure of a book. This element alone makes it my cup of tea and in the end i was bound to love the story anyway.  

Charlotte is young but she knows what she wants, she is protective and selfish and all of these things that are just natural to a girl in such circumstances but she if fierce and wonderful, I wish I knew her. Young is just a little older than Charlotte and hes brave and loyal, protective and kind, nothing like what people know him to be which is that he never smiles, like he's never happy but with Charlotte even though I'd hate to admit it if i were him, he is happy around her. Minseo is one of Young's older brother who accompanies him throughout the book is exactly like Young but theres something different to how he does it all that makes him nothing like his brother at all. 

The one thing I absolutely adore about this book is the journey and growth the characters show but that isn't the only best quality of Kingdom Cold and theres no chance of me choosing the best one. 

With each page you are subjected to the cruetly of being both a royal and human, Kingdom Cold is bound to build you up and break your heart and you wont even see it coming. Following the end of the book the only thing I could truly want, is one more very long moment within it,  it became somewhat of a natural feeling and a new home to me. Take me back. Brittni has crafted a wonderful story within 300 pages and I can not wait to see what else Brittni has in store for us. A definite 5/5 from me and a must read for any YA reader in need of another heart break. 

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful review. I'm happy you enjoyed it. <3 Book 2 coming soon.

    ReplyDelete