Saturday 15 September 2018

Open Road Summer - Emery Lord

39874307


Synopsis:


After breaking up with her bad-news boyfriend, Reagan O’Neill is ready to leave her rebellious ways behind. . . and her best friend, country superstar Lilah Montgomery, is nursing a broken heart of her own. Fortunately, Lilah’s 24-city tour is about to kick off, offering a perfect opportunity for a girls-only summer of break-up ballads and healing hearts.

But when Matt Finch joins the tour as its opening act, his boy-next-door charm proves difficult for Reagan to resist, despite her vow to live a drama-free existence.

This summer, Reagan and Lilah will navigate the ups and downs of fame and friendship as they come to see that giving your heart to the right person is always a risk worth taking. A fresh new voice in contemporary romance, Emery Lord’s gorgeous writing hits all the right notes.

Review:

So I've seen Emery's books around quite a lot and actually wondered for so long if I should get a copy of all the books published but apparently I already own too many books. Thanks to my sisters boyfriend who loves to buy me money vouchers for book stores and after forgetting when he bought me my last one but carrying it with me all the time I finally decided to use the money on the card. I mean okay so the majority of the money was spent on the book whilst he rest of the voucher was spent on discounted chocolate by the till but hey man cant go blaming for either things. I remember being upstairs with the books for the longest 30 minutes I've ever had, I picked up so many books, wondered if they were for me, decided yes they were but then found another books that I wanted just a little bit more and instead what did I do? Put them down and picked up Open Road Summer which was lying on a table and the cover caught my attention and when I read the synopsis, I fell for it hook line and sinker. 

So the story follows Reagan as she tours with her best friend Lilah, a popular country singer as she tours the country. Its clear that when we meet Reagan that she has issues from her past she needs to face as she lets them effect her and somehow she is appealing to me as a MC, I mean I can kind of see why but also I'm confused as to why I love her so much. Lilah herself isn't problem free, and when the problems begin to appear Lilah's record company send someone to put the problems to rest. Matt Finch, another promising artist and with no doubt what so ever an absolute representation of what I'd want in a friend. Matt ends up opening Lilah's shows and Raegan can not help but feel a pull towards him that she simply can not resist.

I wont explain anything further because that's the point isn't it really? I mean the point of a review is to review it not spoil the whole thing. So Emery, if you ever see this, girl thank you. So this sounds openly bloody ridiculous right? Okay so I may be a bit of a sucker for teen romance and drama and all the things alike but Emery makes Open Road Summer such an enjoyable read, showing us that fame isn't always beautiful, our past experiences make us adapt, that we are not out past experiences as a whole. Most of all Emery portrays friendship exactly how it is, so real and testable.

Without a doubt Emery gets a 5/5 for Open Road Summer and I can not wait to get my hands on more of her work just to see if I can cry at some point in those too. 



No comments:

Post a Comment